Pages

Justine's books

Last Sacrifice
My Soul to Take
My Soul to Save
My Soul to Keep
My Soul to Steal
Wings
Spells
Illusions
Sing Me to Sleep
Girl Stays in the Picture
The Eternal Ones
Beastly
Ash
Huntress
Secret Society
The Trust
Ascendant
Rampant
0.4
Fairy Tale


Justine's favorite books »

Saturday 14 June 2014

Review #271: Wool- Hugh Howey

Title: Wool
Author: Hugh Howey
Pages: 563
Rating: 4.5 Stars
Summary: In a ruined and hostile landscape, in a future few have been unlucky enough to survive, a community exists in a giant underground silo.

Inside, men and women live an enclosed life full of rules and regulations.

But some people choose not to conform.

These are the people who dare to hope and dream.

These are the dangerous ones.

Jules is one of these people.

She may well be the last.
Review: I had been seeing this book around when it had the original cover and I happened to have found a copy in my local second hand bookstore, so obviously I had to buy it. I hadn't really read what this story was about and from the old cover I would assume it was YA, but it wasn't and I was okay with that. I really enjoyed this book but it is really hard to review because it is so out there and weird and amazing. I loved that there were different parts about different characters allowing us to really get to know them and connect with them. I just can't believe the amazing yet devastating world that Hugh Howey has created. I love all of the emotions portrayed in this novel, but most of all how both the love and the loss not only affect the characters and the reader but also shape the whole story.
I love the way Hugh Howey writes and I love the world that is WOOL. I can not wait to get my hands on the rest of the novels in his series. I would recommend this novel to dystopian lovers.




About this author

I'm the author of WOOL, a top 5 science fiction book on Amazon. I also wrote the Molly Fyde saga, a tale of a teenager from the 25th century who is repeatedly told that girls can't do certain things -- and then does them anyway.

A theme in my books is the celebration of overcoming odds and of not allowing the cruelty of the universe to change who you are in the process. Most of them are classified as science fiction, since they often take place in the future, but if you love great stories and memorable characters, you'll dig what you find here. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment