Pages

Justine's books

Last Sacrifice
My Soul to Take
My Soul to Save
My Soul to Keep
My Soul to Steal
Wings
Spells
Illusions
Sing Me to Sleep
Girl Stays in the Picture
The Eternal Ones
Beastly
Ash
Huntress
Secret Society
The Trust
Ascendant
Rampant
0.4
Fairy Tale


Justine's favorite books »

Saturday 21 September 2013

Review #165: Pawn- Sopie Davis


Summary: Dreams and Nightmares,
Screams and Sighs,
Fate Wakes the Girl
And Says She Dies....

When the Boy Gets in the Way,
Then the Nightmares Come to Play...

For her eighteenth birthday, Endora Lee Andrews receives the gift of dreams. Nighttime slumber brings her visions of the future, a preview of things to come. Endora’s unsettling new ability is seemingly harmless, until her dreams turn to nightmares.

When she meets the mysterious and swoon-worthy Kannon, he knows things about her that he can’t possibly know, and seems to be the key to uncovering the source of her ominous prophecies. But Kannon has many secrets, some the essential difference between life and death for Endora.

Can she discover the origins of her nightmares and how to prevent destiny, before the harbingers of death come for her?

Woven with love, mystery and mythology, PAWN is the story of a girl who was once brought back from death, only to face it again. Because Fate may give you a second chance at life, but that doesn’t mean it’s yours to keep.

Check out the unofficial trailer for the book in Sophie Davis' videos or on www.SophieDavisBooks.com
Title: Pawn
Author: Sophie Davis
Pages: 300
Rating: 4/5 Stars
Review: Pawn was this weeks book to read I the Sweet 16 Summer Splash challenge and I loved it. This books cover is very eye catching and next to dystopian, mythology is my favourite genre. Sophie Davis covered both parts in mythology that I had known about and parts that I wasn't aware of. I found the book to be filled with action which made Oawn a quick and exciting read.
I really enjoyed reading about all of the characters. I liked seeing the attraction between Endora and Kannon. I liked following them as they tried to unravel the mystery surrounding Eel's dad. I also found the new business partner of Endora's very unlikely and Intruiguing. I can't wait to learn more about all of the above lol.
This was a full length novel but it read so quick that it felt like a short story.it held my attention throughout the book and I can't wait to read the next book in the series to find out what Soohie Davis has in store for us. I would recommend this novel to mythology lovers and just someone looking for something good to read.


Sophie moved to Washington, D.C. after graduating from Penn State University to pursue a career in the Sciences. After deciding to actually write down one of the stories she makes up in her head, Sophie began the long journey towards her first full-length novel, Talented. There are three sequels to Talented; Caged and Hunted are available now and Created will be available Summer of 2013. There is also a novella, Captivated, about Erik and Talia that was just released. Her second series begins with See You in My Nightmares, coming Spring 2013. When Sophie isn't hunched over her computer, she can be found shopping in Georgetown, running in Rock Creek Park, or at the local dive bars in her Columbia Heights Neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment