Pages

Justine's books

Last Sacrifice
My Soul to Take
My Soul to Save
My Soul to Keep
My Soul to Steal
Wings
Spells
Illusions
Sing Me to Sleep
Girl Stays in the Picture
The Eternal Ones
Beastly
Ash
Huntress
Secret Society
The Trust
Ascendant
Rampant
0.4
Fairy Tale


Justine's favorite books »

Sunday 26 January 2014

Review #210: The Fault in Our Stars- John Green

Title: The Fault in Our Stars
Author: John Green
Pages: 313
Rating: 5/5 Stars
Summary: Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten.
Review: I was very hesitant to read this book after I had read Looking For Alaska and not liking it, but I'm very glad I picked up The Fault in Our Stars, it blew my mind. I could feel every emotion that he characters felt. I ugly cried numerous times. I was actually a bit shocked with what happened, it was quite the twist. I definitely wasn't expecting it until it happened. I don't really even know how to review this book. It was so beautiful, moving and eye opening. I loved being along for the ride. 
I love both of these characters. They were so strong, brave and filled with love. This was such an emotional roller coaster to be on. I want to know what happens now. Much like the characters in the book, I am seeking an answer I might never receive, I can assume, but I want to know what John Green thinks will happen now.
I would recommend this novel to everybody and anybody. Even if you don't read, you need to pick up this masterpiece and read it ASAP!!

P.S. I can't wait for the movie. Hopefully it doesn't disappoint.




About this author


John Green's first novel, Looking for Alaska, won the 2006 Michael L. Printz Award presented by the American Library Association. His second novel, An Abundance of Katherines, was a 2007 Michael L. Printz Award Honor Book and a finalist for the Los Angeles Times Book Prize. His next novel, Paper Towns, is a New York Times bestseller and won the Edgar Allen Poe Award for Best YA Mystery. In January 2012, his most recent novel, The Fault in Our Stars, was met with wide critical acclaim, unprecedented in Green's career. The praise included rave reviews in Time Magazine and The New York Times, on NPR, and from award-winning author Markus Zusak. The book also topped the New York Times Children's Paperback Bestseller list for several weeks. Green has also coauthored a book with David Levithan called Will Grayson, Will Grayson, published in 2010. The film rights for all his books, with the exception of Will Grayson Will Grayson, have been optioned to major Hollywood Studios.

In 2007, John and his brother Hank were the hosts of a popular internet blog, "Brotherhood 2.0," where they discussed their lives, books and current events every day for a year except for weekends and holidays. They still keep a video blog, now called "The Vlog Brothers," which can be found on the Nerdfighters website, or a direct link here.

No comments:

Post a Comment