Pages

Justine's books

Last Sacrifice
My Soul to Take
My Soul to Save
My Soul to Keep
My Soul to Steal
Wings
Spells
Illusions
Sing Me to Sleep
Girl Stays in the Picture
The Eternal Ones
Beastly
Ash
Huntress
Secret Society
The Trust
Ascendant
Rampant
0.4
Fairy Tale


Justine's favorite books »

Monday 19 May 2014

Review #252: Fins are Forever- Tera Lynn Childs

Title: Fins are Forever
Author: Tera Lynn Childs
Series: Fins #2
Pages: 288
Format: Paperback
Rating: 4/5 Stars
Summary: On Lily Sanderson's eighteenth birthday she'll become just a girl—still amergirl, true, but signing the renunciation will ink Princess Waterlily of Thalassinia out of existence. That leaves plain-old Lily living on land, dating the boy she loves, and trying to master this being-human thing once and for all.

Now that Lily and Quince are together, mer bond or not, she's almost content to give up her place in the royal succession of Thalassinia. But just when she thinks she has everything figured out, the waves start to get rough. Lily's father sends a certain whirlpool-stirring cousin, Doe, to stay with her on land. And why why why is she batting her eyelashes at Lily's former crush, Brody?

The seafoam on the raging surf comes when a merboy from Lily's past shows up—Tellin asks Lily for something that clouds her view of the horizon. There's a future with Quince on land, her loyalty to the kingdom in the sea, and Lily tossing on the waves in the middle. Will she find a way to reconcile her love, her duty, and her own dreams?
Review: I grabbed this book because I wanted to at least try to get to one mermaid May books in this month, also it fits into one of my other challenges. I really liked book one and this one was just as cute and fluffy. I did like that there were big revelations that occurred to the characters and they did what was best for everyone in the end. This was also a super fast read. It kept me interested throughout. I was just put off by the cheesy mermaid humour, sometimes it was just too much. I felt like I could relate to these characters and some of the things they were going through.

I liked this fast paced, cute read and I will absolutely be picking up the third book to see what will happen.



About this author

Tera Lynn Childs is the award-winning author of the mythology-based OH. MY. GODS. and GODDESS BOOT CAMP, the mermaid tales FORGIVE MY FINS, FINS ARE FOREVER, and JUST FOR FINS (July 3rd, 2012), and a new trilogy about monster-hunting descendants of Medusa beginning with SWEET VENOM and SWEET SHADOWS (September 4, 2012). Tera lives nowhere in particular and spends her time writing wherever she can find a comfy chair and a steady stream of caffeinated beverages.

No comments:

Post a Comment