Pages

Justine's books

Last Sacrifice
My Soul to Take
My Soul to Save
My Soul to Keep
My Soul to Steal
Wings
Spells
Illusions
Sing Me to Sleep
Girl Stays in the Picture
The Eternal Ones
Beastly
Ash
Huntress
Secret Society
The Trust
Ascendant
Rampant
0.4
Fairy Tale


Justine's favorite books »

Wednesday 3 October 2012

Review #10: Pledged- Gwynneth White

Title: Pledged
Author: Gwynneth White
Pages: 506
Rating: 2/5 Stars
Review: I received this book as a Read to Review book from the author free of charge for my honest review. 

At first this book sucked me in talking about archeology and how the two main characters were off to Africa to meet with their siblings who were getting married. The first few chapters lead me to believe that the book was about archeology and diamonds, with a paranormal twist,  then it turned into a whole new story. 

Our two main characters Seth and Erin meet some dead people and end up going back in time and to me it was like these characters were watching a movie because they could see and hear everything that was going on but were invisible to the other people. I just found it weird and I was very confused throughout most of the book. It was just weird how everyone was related and this curse/ prophecy had been going on for centuries and the characters kept doing the same mistakes and the curse never ended and tow these two characters are expected to break the curse when no others could. I don't know. 

The characters were okay. I found Erin to be a know it all, which I think the author wanted but at times it was super annoying. Seth was decent but then he kind of turned, he couldn't decide if he wanted to break the curse or give the stone to his brother. I don't know even it just wasn't a book for me.


2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your review. I had not heard of this book before. The cover is pretty intringuing....to bad it wasn't so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea it was just confusing. But you might like it?

      Delete