Pages

Justine's books

Last Sacrifice
My Soul to Take
My Soul to Save
My Soul to Keep
My Soul to Steal
Wings
Spells
Illusions
Sing Me to Sleep
Girl Stays in the Picture
The Eternal Ones
Beastly
Ash
Huntress
Secret Society
The Trust
Ascendant
Rampant
0.4
Fairy Tale


Justine's favorite books »

Tuesday 29 January 2013

Review #79: Variant- Robison Wells



Summary: Benson Fisher thought that a scholarship to Maxfield Academy would be the ticket out of his dead-end life.


He was wrong.

Now he's trapped in a school that's surrounded by a razor-wire fence. A school where video cameras monitor his every move. Where there are no adults. Where the kids have split into groups in order to survive.

Where breaking the rules equals death.

But when Benson stumbles upon the school's real secret, he realizes that playing by the rules could spell a fate worse than death, and that escape--his only real hope for survival--may be impossible.

Title: Variant
Author: Robison Wells
Pages: 376
Rating: 4/5 Stars
Review: I have been meaning to read this book for awhile now, I would put it in my bag to take to work but then I would push it to the wayside. I'm glad I finally picked it up. It is a present day/ futuristic dystopian that kept me guessing throughout. Variant started off pretty normal then things got crazy, and crazier and finally the ending was the craziest. It really he'd my attention because there was so much unbelievable stuff happening. There are also a ton of secrets that I need the answers to.

Benson is a great character to read about. He never gave up and he fought for what he believed in. Benson is one of the smartest characters that I have ever read about. He doesn't act on impulse, he uses slow calculating moves.i also grew to like a lot of the secondary characters but then things started happening that changed my perception of most of them.
I really enjoyed this book. It was fast paced and interesting. I was on the edge of my seat to see what was going to happen next. I would recommend this book to dystopian lovers. I will be continuing with the series.


Robison Wells lives in Holladay, Utah, with his wife and three kids. He recently finished graduate school, during which he read and wrote novels when he should have been studying finance. He is also the author of Variant.

No comments:

Post a Comment